Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Dream of Jelly...I mean, Jeannie

Dreams are weird. Dreams are also really personal. They're personal in the sense that no one else really gives a crap what your dream was about last night. And weird in the sense that, despite knowing your audience could care less, you can't help but share what your dream was about.

I should revise that--no one cares what your dream was about unless you start the story by saying, "Hey! You were in my dream last night." Then you have an attentive listener.

What's really awkward is when someone proceeds to tell you a dream that is so ridiculously easy to interpret, but they haven't seemed to figure it out yet: "Oh my gosh, I had a dream last night that I strangled you and then smothered you with my pillow! Ha ha ha isn't that SO weird?"

Get the heck out of there right now. Leave the restaurant without paying the bill, run screaming from their house...do whatever you have to do. 

A.) No one that is your friend should dream about killing you. B.) Anyone that is any sort of decent human being would never admit to dreaming that. And shouldn't. If you have any impulse control whatsoever, you keep murder fantasies to yourself. ...I'd have to say though, in an ideal world, you probably shouldn't have any murder fantasies at all.

Now here's the part where I tell you about my dreams even though I know you have no interest in hearing about them. Because, well, I'm human, and I want to talk about myself. I'll keep it really brief, I promise. Plus, if it will make you feel better, you can tell me about your dreams in the comments section.

Most of my dreams, or at least the ones I remember are entirely pointless. I used to have dreams in high school that I just went to school. Nothing happened. I would just go to school like it was a completely normal day, nothing out of the ordinary would happen, and then I would wake up. Unfortunately, I would wake up and it'd be 6:00am and time for me to actually go to school, even though I had just been in my dream.

Last week I had a dream that I went to the grocery store to buy grape jelly.

I wish I was joking.


"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep."
-Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment