Monday, September 10, 2012

Well THAT Worked Out Well!

If you're someone who believes in free will, then on any given day there are an infinite amount of possible things that could happen in the world. That's why it's so exciting when something happens to work out perfectly. Even if it's just the smallest things.

Tell me you don't get excited when you go to fill your gas tank and it stops on either a price ending in .00 or an even amount of gallons.

Or when you make every single green light on the way to work.

Or when you're stopped at a red light on a hill that is the perfect upwards slope that you can take your foot off the break and not move anywhere.

Can I come up with an example that doesn't involve driving, you ask?

Ok fine.

...Ok nevermind, I just stared at my screen for about 3 minutes and couldn't think of an adequate example that didn't involve the commute to work. So, you win.

Slightly shifting the topic here, you know what always impresses me? That trick with the 9 times table where you can count your fingers and it gives you the answer. How the heck does that work out?? If that is not divine intervention I don't know what is. (Yes, I realize that I began this post talking about free will and now I'm talking about divine intervention. But it's my blog and I hold the right to be inconsistent. Embrace it.)

Do you have any clue what I'm talking about?

Here's a Youtube video that explains it in painful detail:


The other cool one that is completely miraculous to me is how you can tell how many days a month has by your knuckles. How absolutely perfect is it that July and August are the only 2 back-to-back months with 31 days, AND your left and right hand's pointer finger knuckles are the only 2 knuckles on your hands combined that don't have that little dip-down in between?? I freaking love when things work out like that!

Don't know this trick either? Here's a Youtube video that's slightly less horrible than the last one I gave you:



Kind of makes you wonder how many other tricks like that people have tried to come up with but then it didn't work out. They were probably pretty bummed out...but we'll never know, because you rarely hear about things that almost work.


"I almost got drunk at school at 14
Where I almost made out with the homecoming queen
Who almost went on to be Miss Texas
But lost to a slut with much bigger breastes
I almost dropped out to move to LA
Where I was almost famous for almost a day
And I almost had you
But I guess that doesn't cut it"
-"Almost" by Bowling for Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment