Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Losing It

Do you ever have those moments where you completely lose your mind, or lose control/consciousness over what you're doing and then do something that makes absolutely no sense? I hadn't really paid much attention to it in the past, but once I started thinking about it, I realized it happens quite often to me.

So, thinking about these weird lose-track-of-what-you're-doing moments all started this weekend when I had put some pasta salad in a bowl for lunch, and took out a glass for water. I went to the freezer, grabbed some ice cubes for the glass, and the next thing I knew there were 3 ice cubes in my pasta salad.

This made me think back to the time a couple months ago that I poured orange juice on my cereal. But I feel like that happens to a lot of people, so I let that one slide. BUT...

What about the time when I was a little kid and I was pacing up and down my hallway while brushing my teeth, absentmindedly cupped my hand and spit out the toothpaste as if my hand were the sink? Well, ok...I was really young when that happened.

Well, then there was the time I was in middle school and it was cool to have your pony tail slicked back as tight to your head as possible...I was trying to unclog my aerosol can of hairspray, so I ran the nozzle under hot water and picked away at the dried up hairspray. Then I checked the nozzle...maybe to admire my handywork? Who knows? But anyways, I'm staring directly at the opening, when I suddenly become possessed by some sort of mind-numbing demon for about .5 seconds...just long enough for my finger to find the top of the nozzle and spray hairspray DIRECTLY into my eye. I literally have no idea what happened. I twitched, or got Tourettes for a quick second, or something. Buut I ended up with an eyeball-full of toxic chemicals.

And here's the finale. Hands down the strangest thing I've ever done while my brain went on some sort of mini vacation. Ok, so I was leaving work a few summers ago, and going out to my car in the parking garage. I was thinking about how I was going to drive over to my Grandmother's house from there, and if I should stop and pick something up for her for dinner, etc. So I get to my car, open the door, throw my purse over to the passenger side, sit down, close the door, and go to put my key in the ignition...and I'm sitting in the backseat of my car. You know that shiver you get when you see a dead animal on the road? Or if you're on an elevator that moves too fast? Basically your body's way of saying "this is weird, I don't like this." That definitely happened to me.

Oh yeah, and I just remembered I accidentally walked into the men's bathroom at a restaurant a couple months ago. And the worst part was that I had been to that restaurant before! And I thought to myself, "Weird! I don't remember the sink being there!" Then, I knew I definitely didn't remember that guy at the urinal being there either. ABORT ABORT!!

So anyways, that's quite the list I have going there. Anyone want to try to make me feel better about that?

...Anyone at all?


"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it."
-Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment