Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stuck On You

This entire week I've been trying to think about topics to blog about. I have a few ideas stored in the Notes app on my phone but I kept looking through them and feeling like I just wasn't in the mood to elaborate on any of them. And then, as my roommate and I were watching TV the other night, I randomly came out and said, "You know what's weird? How people can get bloody noses and it's no big deal. But if any other part of your body started bleeding for no good reason whatsoever we'd freak out." (Females...roll with me on this one. Males...be thankful I'm not mentioning what you were thinking I was going to mention.) But if you were just sitting on your couch and all the sudden your knee started gushing blood...you would not be ok with that. But why when it's our noses do we just grab a tissue and move on with life?

So then, I started to try to build that idea into a full post. And I was totally stuck. But I wasn't just stuck...I was stuck AND being continually hit over and over again by the same, and only, idea I had. Every internal conversation would go, "Ok, what else happens to us that concerns us sometimes, but in a slightly different context, it isn't concerning at all? Oh! I know...bloody noses! Anything else? Ooh ooh! Bloody noses. Ok well I'm probably going to need at least a second example. You're right, good point...how aboutttt...bloody noses."

It's like when you're playing charades and someone just keeps shouting out the same exact guess over and over again.

It's also the same feeling you get when you're doing a crossword puzzle and you have the perfect answer to a clue but it doesn't fit. But it SHOULD fit. Because it's so perfect. So you keep going back to it. Maybe the puzzle realized its mistake, and has since adjusted itself accordingly.

OR when your professor explains a concept to the class then some jerk raises their hand and restates exactly what the professor just said.

So anyways, basically what happened is that I finally gave up trying to think of more examples, and decided to write a post about not being able to think of examples. And it feels like cheating. I'm not proud of it.

That's like when you're supposed to sing a song but you're under pressure so all you can come up with is:

Singing a song about singing a song, and then elaborating on your current situation, arguably isn't very clever. BUT judging from the success of the above movie, it can also be argued that it is extremely clever. So...what's good enough for Buddy is good enough for me!


"Shorty's like a memory in my head that I can't keep out, got me singing like na na na na everyday, it's like my iPod's stuck on replay...replay."
-Iyaz, "Replay"
...bet you were thinking I'd go with an Elf quote, weren't ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment