Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Introduction

I think a million thoughts a day. Theories, questions, hypotheticals, what-ifs, comparisons, doubts, affirmations - I think them all. Often at the same time - often one thought crushes another. Right now, for instance, I'm wondering if I actually think anywhere close to 1 million thoughts a day. Is that even possible? Or maybe that number is too low? When does one thought end and another begin?


Anyways.


I spent a long time thinking this was unusual. I spent years confusing those around me with my stream-of-consciousness, rapid fire thoughts, and finally settled on the fact that I am weird.


But then I realized something. I bet you've thought most of the thoughts I think every day. Maybe you don't think about them from the same perspective I do, or at the same time, or in the same degree of depth. But at one point or another, I bet our thoughts align. 


So, this blog full of my musings, realizations, questions, and resolutions - both long and short - isn't to prove that I am weird. I already know that I am. This blog is to prove that maybe you are too.





"We are all a little weird, and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
-Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. Loved your first post! I'm so glad I fell into weirdness with you, and we found love, when all hoped seemed lost and when we needed it most! xoxo
    T

    ReplyDelete